Saturday, July 25, 2009

Day 70 - C25K in the morning

Did day 3 of week 2 today. This time, I kind of got into it - at least in the beginning. I didn't do my normal short-step jogging for most of it, rather I ran more truly. I felt like I was holding back much less than I normally do. The only problem is that by the end of the workout, I was much more tired and my legs were burning more than they usually do. Of course, that's the point of the C25K, to get one ready to run more (endurance) and eventually to run faster. Still, it was great to see where my endurance is now.

This morning was a hot morning, so I'm sweating more than usual. That's probably also due to my change in form. I actually enjoy sweating. It tells me that my metabolism is working harder and all my efforts are paying off.

Today was also the first day that I've done the shred and the C25K back-to-back. Honestly, it wasn't as bad as I expected. In fact, it may even be better than my normal every 24 hour workout because I haven't had time to get as sore from the shred when I go for my run.

Update: After a great brunch with what I call "the birthday bunch" (we're a group of friends who get together rarely, but always for someone's birthday, and always at a restaurant), my wife and I decided to go to Play It Again Sports so I could look for a bicycle and some weights. While the location we went to (Kennesaw) had tons of weight machines, their selection of weight benches and free weights was meh. So we bagged it and went home.

My wife went out to do some work at Starbucks, and I hit the pool. What an awesome day for the pool. Aside from the obstacle course that is our pool on weekends in the summer, I had an awesome time. I worked it out to burning a little over 600 calories in a little under an hour. I did 4 sets of 10 laps again for 1/2 mile of swimming.

No comments:

Post a Comment