Thursday, July 2, 2009

Day 57 - Come shred away, with me!

Yesterday, I met a friend and business associate over coffee (don't worry, I had a Starbucks Tall Mocha Frapuccino Light with no whipped cream) and she commented on how good I look. That's a great feeling when someone tells you that. She recently finished a sprint triathlon and I was in awe of that and told her as much. She chimed in that she thought I should do one and I said that I might be planning that for my next next goal. I'll still need to buy a bicycle though. She asked me about the shred since I do a daily facebook update, and what exactly it was. I told her that it's Jillian Michaels' 30 day shred dvd. She was in awe! She said, "I do that too, but I'm only up to level 2, and I don't do it every day. " She didn't think that people understand what it means that I do this every day! That just made me feel great!

So, I went swimming yesterday evening and did a full 1/4 mile. I figured out that my pool is 75 feet long, so if I do 18 laps, that's 1/4 of a mile! I did it in 4 sessions (not all together), but I felt great because of it. It's my secret buildup to being ready for a triathlon (shhhhh - don't tell anyone).

I shredded this morning, and even though my upper body is sore from the swimming, I managed to get through the whole thing. Not sure if I'll do it tomorrow or take a break and just swim, but in either case, I'm getting my daily exercise in! 3 more days of the shred, and then it's C25k time!

No comments:

Post a Comment