Friday, July 10, 2009

Day 62 - a lot to share

I did my 2nd day of week 1 of the c25k this morning, and the pain in my foot was back. I took a shower afterwards, and when I was drying off I noticed a huge lump on my right leg/calf, with LOTS of pain. I figured this to be the cause of my foot pain since today's run caused pain from the foot all the way up to almost my knee.

Made a doctor's appointment and found out that I have Superficial Thrombophlebitis - which is an irritated and swollen superficial vein in my leg. It potentially has a blood clot, but this isn't the dangerous kind since it's superficial and not a deep vein. Still it's very painful, and was probably brought on by the exercise. I'll be icing, heating, elevating, and taking mobix. The good news is that I can still run if I feel ok doing it. We'll see since tomorrow is an off day anyways.

As for the past 2 days, you'll notice that I didn't post. That's because Wednesday was supposed to be an off day but I forgot that I had a gig Wednesday night. Between the load in and load out, and the show, I burned more calories than I do running.

So yesterday ended up being my off day.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment