Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Day 66 - c25k week 2 starts

I did the first day of week 2, and it was better than week 1. Maybe it's because I took a week off to recover from being sick, or maybe it's because I'm getting in better shape, but I didn't dislike today's exercise. There were moments that I actually enjoyed it, although I'm not yet ready to say "I like running".

I did the whole thing - and because this morning was so temperate, I didn't sweat as much as I usually do. I never got out of breath, and my leg was feeling better for most of the time. I can finally see myself getting more into running, even if I'm not ready to like it yet.

More good news - look at that weight tracking column on the left of this page. Do you see that? I lost over 6 lbs this week! My weight is finally catching up to my size and activity. Bonus!

I realized, however, that only the c25k is not going to be enough for me. I'm going to have to alternate on off days with swimming and the shred. I definitely need some more upper body attention and the shred will help with that. I may also move to an every other day approach, rather than a strict 3 day per week approach. I'm pretty sure that this would give me enough rest time but keep me active enough with the running to make me happy.

OMG! Stop and re-read that last paragraph! Seriously!

Ok, now realize, that 3 months ago I was sedentary, a couch potato, and I HATED exercise. Do you see why I wanted you to re-read? Do it again! I'm actually wanting more exercise! This is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment