Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Day 61, First day of the C25K!

I did it. This morning I walked and ran day 1 of the C25K. I didn't really enjoy it until I was to the 7th interval, but I did the whole thing. I walked briskly when I was supposed to walk briskly, and I jogged briskly when I was supposed to do that. I think part of my challenge was that where I chose to walk/run in my neighborhood there was a fairly steep hill and I started up that. That made things tough and I think it tired me out.

Also, my right foot was bothering me, but only the outside of my foot. Not my heel, not the ball of the foot, not my arch, just the outside. Bizarre since I'm using the new shoes.

I'm going to stick with this and see how I do after some more time, but I can tell you that it's a great workout - I can see why so many people run as their exercise. I'm hoping that the pain goes away (I'll see if it's still there on Thursday, if so I'll talk to one of the running people I know).

I can also tell you that although my knees feel pretty good and I didn't have any pain there when I was running, my quads, calves, and shins are killing me - in a good sore way.

No comments:

Post a Comment