Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Day 51 - 3 weeks of the shred down!

Today marked my first day of part 3 of the shred. Let me tell you - it's a real killer. Lots more plyometrics (jumping stuff), lots more weights, overall just more effort. I feel really good after doing it, and I did the whole thing, but I had to take a LOT of breaks.

Strangely, my knees aren't really bothering me, but that might be because I took extra precautions on anything that looked like it could give them trouble.

Last night, I tried the Tai Chi DVD and for the life of me, I couldn't figure out how to follow along. I don't think I'm stupid, but it's not really created for beginners, IMO. Move left, move right doesn't really explain where to put my feet, how to move my hands, etc.

So instead, I did about 20 minutes of the yoga DVD. I really liked that one. VERY relaxing and healing.

After my workout this morning, I noticed that my stretch marks are coming back on my belly. Another indication that all this effort is paying off! I may end up taking a day off tomorrow, depending on how sore I am, but I'm still planning to do the workout as of now.

Also - tomorrow is another measurements day!

No comments:

Post a Comment