Wednesday, June 3, 2009

3rd shredding day - 33rd continuous exercise

I made it! This morning I was able to do the whole shred with only a few 5 second breaks. It felt really good to see my endurance improve, but I really had to push myself to do it. There were several times in the cardio sections that I wanted to just stop for a minute, but I pushed myself to do more. I'm glad I did, but ugh - I'm way sore again. Pain headed down the stairs to get to the car this morning like I had on day 1 of the shred.

The good news is that even though I'm only 3 days in, I'm already starting to see some muscle definition that wasn't there before I started - mostly around my obliques (under my moobs). Which, btw, my moobs are also shrinking incredibly and I'm so excited about that! That started with the Wii Fit stuff last month, but the shred is helping in a major way.

A quick note about proper diet and my friends:
Yesterday there was a bit of a dustup on my Facebook status talking about whether or not I'm eating properly. Nothing major, no feelings hurt or anything like that, just some of my friends who are more advanced than I am giving their opinions and advice. I totally appreciate everything they're trying to do but I got a bit overwhelmed and felt intimidated (due to the difference in level and expertise). The truth is that they're right. I need more protein in my diet, and I need to eat less "junky" food. Both of those have always been my weaknesses. However, it's important to note that I'm like 30x better than I was before I set out on this journey. So it's gotta be small steps that I can incorporate into my daily routine and make into a lifestyle change. I told my friends that and everything's cool. If you guys are reading this, thanks again for the advice, keep it and the encouragement coming - that's what I really need!
I'm really glad that I've started on this "health kick" and I'm doubly glad that I'm seeing results. My weight is going up from the 30 day shred at least during these first few days, but I'm pretty sure that the inches are coming off. I'll do a measurement check in on day 7 and report back. As usual, I'll also do photos, but I probably won't be sharing those publicly unless you ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment