Monday, June 15, 2009

Day 45: Half the way there!

Today is day 15 of the shred. That means I'm only 15 days away from finishing it (and from starting on my next 30 day program). I did my workout this morning, even though I wasn't really in the mood again.
I think someone's got a case of the Mondays!
I used the knee stabilizer, I took my Ibuprofen, and my knee is starting to feel better. It still gives me twinges, but it's not as bad as it was. It probably helps that I used some Tiger Balm on it last night as well.

I continued with the modified versions of anything that was remotely threatening to my knees, but I did the whole thing again. I'm still sweating like nobody's business - which is a good thing - but I'm keeping the routine going.

One thing I'll say about my knees, that I noticed last night is that I'm nearly positive that it's muscular. I'm starting to see some muscles around my knees (which is something new). You know that muscle that's just inside and above your knee joint? That's the one I'm seeing, and it's also the one that's been bothering me.

I've been giving some thought to what to do next. Lots of my friends and supporters have suggested the C25K program (Couch to 5K) which I'm strongly considering even though it's 9 - 10 weeks and not 30 days. But it's only 3 days a week so I could still do something else on the off days. Or stick with the shred. I'm just not sure yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment