Monday, June 22, 2009

Day 50! 10 more days of the shred

Had a great workout this morning. My knees are feeling better. I even did the oblique twists and skater today (with no ill effects). Today was the last day of level 2 - tomorrow starts level 3. Also, I was shocked when I went back to the Lucky store to use my credit from last time and discovered that I lost another size! I'm in 36 sized pants now!

I couldn't believe it. I had to have BOTH salespeople come take a look, but I fit in a size 36. This is a H U G E day for me. I haven't been size 36 since high school! That means I haven't been this size in 20 years!

We went out for Father's day last night with both sets of parents. We went to the Cheesecake Factory. I had grilled mahi-mahi, broccoli, and asparagus so that I'd be able to share some dessert with my dad. We shared the key lime cheesecake and it was delish! The whole table tried it and everyone said it was light, refreshing, and just the perfect thing. I keep rediscovering that it's all about choices. I chose last night to eat really well for dinner (and all day, for that matter) so I'd be able to join my dad for a special treat.

After dinner, we went to Barnes and Noble bookstore. I walked around and around until I realized that holy crap! I only have a little more than a week on the shred! I have to pick my next thing. So they had a buy 2, get 1 free DVD deal. I picked up Step by Step Tai Chi with Tiffany Chen because Tai Chi is something I've always wanted to try, another Jillian Michaels DVD, Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism because Jillian's shred is working so well for me, and my wife picked out Yoga to the Rescue - Feel Good from Head to Toe with Desiree Rumbaugh for the two of us.

So I may do the second Jillian DVD next, or I may do the Couch to 5k next, or I may mix it up and do many of them. Not really sure, but hey - now I've got options!

No comments:

Post a Comment