Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Day 26 - Good and odd

First the good news for today (really yesterday) - down another notch in the belt! I was shocked when I put my work pants on yesterday morning that I was down another notch. This belt is only 2 months old, but I'll take it if it means being healthier and looking better. I'm still feeling a zillion times better than I did before.

More good news for today: confirmed that the diet, exercise, and fish oil that I've been taking are helping. Cholesterol down, Triglycerides way down, bad cholesterol down. But my good cholesterol is also too low, so the doctor put me on SloNiacin. Which means I also have to take baby aspirin. I'm thinking I'll take the SloNiacin in the morning since it supposedly can give me an energy boost (B vitamins and all). It should also help with the cholesterol.

We didn't get to see the results of my CT Scan yet, but the doctor will be emailing me about it.

The odd news? Well, the scale at the doctor's office says I'm about 20 lbs heavier than the Wii does. I'm sticking with the Wii, because as my wife says, "pick one scale and stick with it". Frankly, there's no way I could go to the doctor's office every week anyways. The Wii says I'm losing, so that's what's important.

Still feeling really good - happier and less stressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment