Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Day 18 - Shattered my goal. BOOO YAAAAH!

I feel awesome! I did my usual workout this morning - aerobic and about 10 mins of yoga. Then I did my checkin, and holy cow - down 5.5 lbs. My body finally caught up. Given I'm a few days late, but I still am way psyched.

I was thinking about what I did different yesterday, and I realized two things. First, although I suffer an aversion to tracking my food, I went to a site yesterday that lets you do that for free. It's part of Lance Armstrong's Live Strong network, and it's a feature called the Daily Plate. It's not the easiest thing in the world to do, but it at least gives you a sense of what you've eaten in a day from both a fat and calorie counting perspective.

Anyways, I messed around with the Daily Plate yesterday and realized the second thing. Holy crap, I didn't eat enough! I was so surprised by this that last night I went to Mellow Mushroom for a more calorie rich dinner. I had 2 slices from a 4-slice small cheese pizza, and a lil' greek salad (with only one of their Espiranto dressings). I had 8 oz. of strawberry lemonade from Trader Joe's for a special drink (I had all my water for the day). I also splurged since I had so many calories to use and got a slice of cookie cake from the Great American Cookie Company for dessert. I know it's way indulgent, but I figured I'd try it and see what happened. Apparently, I need to eat more!

So for today, I'm going to try to eat a bit more during lunch. My stomach just rumbled as I'm writing this, so time for a banana!

No comments:

Post a Comment