Saturday, May 23, 2009

Day 21 - just wow

I really wasn't planning to reward myself this week, but I ended up doing it anyways. Here's why:

I had to get my CT Scan in the morning which was a whole to-do in and of itself. It turns out that I'm allergic to iodine, so they had to call and get new orders for the test. Needless to say, I was there for over 3 hours.

After the test, I ran some errands. I picked up two new water bottles to use instead of just refilling those plastic ones. I bought the Camelbak kind with what they call a "bite valve". One is stainless for the car, and the other is plastic to keep at work. I had a devil of a time figuring out the bite valve, so in case anyone out there reads this, they work as follows: there's a slit vertically across the top of the plastic piece. When you bite down on it, it's supposed to open up and allow water to pass through. I couldn't see that slit until I read that it was there, so just look for it. It may help to squeeze with your finger and thumb to find it the first time, too.

After the water bottles, I went to the mall since I was right there to pick up some tee shirts because after our last house cleaning, I found some gift cards. Check, got the tee shirts. But on my way through the mall, I spotted a Lucky Brand clothing store. It is my favorite brand, and I had never really shopped in one of their stores before. Now comes the good part.

Lucky Brand is pretty high-end denim. I figured that I'd try some on and see what they did for me. I had been a size 42 when I started this journey, so I started with a size 40. WAY too big. Tried a size 38. WOW! It fit! I couldn't believe I lost 2 pants sizes. Unbelievable. So I also figured I'd try on a pair of shorts. SIZE 36! Craziness abounds, I'm all smiles, the sales girl (whose name is Chemmy) keeps asking me how I did it. So I told her the story. Talk about motivation!

I think I may try the 30 day shred next and see what that does for me. 21 days down, 9 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment