Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Day 100 - Oy! I owe an update!

So sorry it's taken me so long to update. Last week, and the beginning of this I've been slammed with work stuff so the blog suffered.

I managed to complete day 1 of week 5 of C25K this morning. I wouldn't say I liked it, but for the first half, I didn't mind it. The second half was tough, but not unbearable. I can't really believe that I'm about to say this, but, I don't hate running any more. Don't get me wrong - I don't like it, but at least I can do it.

Yesterday I got the color work finished on my Grandma memorial tattoo. I LOVE this thing. It totally makes me smile every time I see it. So many pieces of my Grandma's memory are incorporated into it.


Grandma Memorial by Danielle Distefano
at Only You Tattoo in Grant Park, GA

If you've considered a tattoo and are in Atlanta, I'd HIGHLY recommend Danielle and all the artists at Only You Tattoo. They're professional, clean, creative, affordable, and will give you a tattoo that you want, not just a piece of flash (though they'll do that too).

Aside from this morning, I've kept up with the C25K for the past week and a half. The only challenge I had is that on Saturday, I tried to bring my dog running with me for the first time. Now, my dog Stoli is a Husky mix so he doesn't mix terribly well with hot weather. But, he loves to run. So I thought I'd give it a try. Bad idea. Stoli slowed down in every spot of shade, and even stopped to lay down a few times. Really messed with my groove. So I gave up and did it again on Sunday. It worked out to be 1.5 C25K days.

Sunday, after I ran, I did some normal house cleaning type stuff... laundry, ironing, vacuuming. Then I got the notion to rearrange the furniture and move our couches. When I say move, I don't mean I just pushed them around. My parents gave us one of their old sofas a few weeks ago and it had been sitting in the garage. So I moved our one large sofa downstairs (by myself). Then when my wife got home, I had her guide the 2nd one upstairs. I burned about 3,000 calories on Sunday!

So I've been getting my exercise in, but I really need to get back to shredding (I'm planning that for tomorrow morning).

I'm kind of at a plateau in losing weight, but the inches are still dropping off, so I'm happy with that. People are finally starting to notice without me prompting them!

No comments:

Post a Comment