Thursday, August 13, 2009

Hooray! C25K this morning and abs in the evening

I did the second day of week 5 of C25K this morning. If you didn't know, this is the first time that there's more running than walking. 5 minute warmup, 8 minute jogging, 5 minute walking, 8 minute jogging, 1 min 45 second cooldown. I actually kind of liked it. Maybe today was a good running day, maybe I'm getting used to it, maybe the moon was aligned properly. I don't know. But I can say that I no longer hate running. And I can see myself liking it. I was really nervous heading into today, but it was actually easier than I thought it would be.

That means it's time to register for a 5k! I haven't really decided which one yet, though there are a few that look interesting in my time frame. If you're in the Atlanta area and interested in running a 5k with me in the mid to late September time frame, drop me an email at myfitnessresults -at- gmail -dot- com. Or leave a comment!

Tonight I've done 1 full set (so far) of Jillian's "Ripped Up Abs" and "Upside Down Abs" mini workouts. That's better than I did yesterday! I'm guessing it's because tonight, I hadn't already worked my abs with the shred. I'll be shredding again tomorrow for my off day from running, but I'm liking throwing the abs in.

Finally, this morning I broke through my weight loss plateau with a loss of nearly 2 lbs! I'm glad I've kept up and I'm looking forward to more.

No comments:

Post a Comment